Thanks to our 45-year partnership with Value Village thrift stores, you can support Northwest Center by simply donating gently used clothing and household items you no longer need. Northwest Center will receive payment for your generous donations, and you will get a tax receipt!
What do we do with your donations?
Here's how it works: you pack the bags, and we'll bring The Big Blue Truck™! You can also donate goods at one of our many attended donation stations and drop-off boxes - The Big Blue Bin™ -or visit a convenient Community Donation Center drop-off location at these Value Village stores: Lynnwood, South Tacoma, Mt. Vernon, Capitol Hill, Kent, Totem Lake, Tukwila.
Everytime you give, Value Village pays us cash for the goods we sell to their stores.The more we bring to Value Village, and the more the community donates and shops at their stores, the greater the good we can accomplish together. It's a cycle of good deeds that benefits the community and people we serve in many ways, and provides a critical base of financial stability for the vital programs and human services offered by Northwest Center.
Here a look at our local impact:
- In the Puget Sound region, Value Village works with Northwest Center to employ people with disabilities in their stores.
- Support from Value Village helps to fund mission critical programs of Northwest Center- serving more than 1,000 children and adults with developmental disabilities annually through inclusive childhood education, early intervention, employment services, and jobs.
Did you know? Value Village Good Deeds.
- Green from the Start: Value Village is one of the largest recyclers of used clothing in the world and has been in the business of keeping reusable goods out of landfills for nearly 60 years.
- Donate and Make a Difference: The goods offered in Value Village stores are always tied to local nonprofit organizations, like ours. Over the past 10 years, Value Village has paid its collective nonprofit partners more than 1.5 billion, which helps fund vital community programs and services.
- Ultimate Thrift Experience: Vaule Village's shelves are filled with tens of thousands of unique treasures and quality everyday items - All inside a department-store-like environment that's easy to shop and easy on the wallet. Merchandise is neatly organized into specific departments, with labeled shelves and racks that make it easy to find bargins for brand name apparel, authentic vintage finds, housewares, furniture, collectables and much more. Each store stocks more than 10,000 fresh items every day, and that's in addition to the 100,000 items already in store. There really is something for everyone!
To learn more about how Value Village makes a difference in hundreds of communities, go to Value Village.